PowerSNMP for .NET is a family of .NET classes and components used to manage network devices and access remote information. Full support for SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 and ASN.1standards provide interoperability with enterprise devices.
The Manager and Agent components provide for message transport and a suite of supporting classes provide MIB information, encoding/decoding, and encryption/decryption.
MIB files can be parsed and imported into C# and Visual Basic projects to provide full intellisense support. A MIB compiler dynamically loads MIB files at run-time to generate new classes and objects on demand.
- Enterprise ready! SNMPv3 provides comprehensive security for enterprise resources. Messages can be constructed using no security, authentication only, or authentication and privacy.
- Create custom SNMP Manager applications using Windows forms or ASP.NET.
- Create custom SNMP Trap Managers to automate fault detection processes.
- Create custom SNMP Agent applications that report statistics on software applications or attached devices.
- The Manager and Agent components provide full drag/drop integration withinVisual Studio.
- The Manager component sends SNMP requests and receives responses and traps from SNMP agents. All encoding/decoding is automatic.
- The Timeout and MaxRetries properties are used to recover from dropped packets.
- Complete tables can be retrieved using a single method.
- "Inform" requests are fully supported.
- Synchronous methods return a response or table to the calling application, and can be used in ASP.NET.
- Responses to asynchronous requests are reported by events.
- The Agent component generates responses to requests and can also initiate trap messages.
- An event is raised when each request is received.
- Default response messages are generated from OID (IID) values the application caches in the Variables property.
The Message class is the base class for all SNMP messages:
- The RequestMessage class is the base class for GetMessage, GetNextMessage, GetBulkMessage, SetMessage and InformMessage.
- The TrapMessage class is an SNMPv1 trap.
- The NotifyMessage class is an SNMPv2 trap.
- The ResponseMessage class is used by the Agent and Manager components, respectively, to encode and decode responses.
- The MibNodes class is used to manage MIB files and associated classes:
- Standard MIB objects, traps and notifications from the SNMPv2 SMI (Structure of Management Information) are included as intrinsic classes. Built-in support for RFCs 1155, 1157, 1158, 1213, 2578, 2579, 3417 and 3418.
- MIB Parser and Code Generator - C# and VB source code classes can be interactively generated from MIB files within the IDE.
- MIB Compiler - Mib classes derived from MibNode can be generated from MIB files and loaded on demand at runtime.
- No knowledge of SNMP message formats is required. Documentation provides basic theory of operation.
- Requires no system services beyond basic network transport (independent of Windows SNMP Service).
- Royalty-free distribution
- 100% managed code. Samples are included.
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of PowerSNMP script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. PowerSNMP torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!