It contains concepts from other programming languages, but it's not considered as a direct descendant from any other language.
In Seed7, new statements and operators can be declared easily. Functions with type results and type parameters are more elegant than a template or generics concept.
Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are more obvious.
Key features "Seed7":
· User defined statements and operators.
· Types are first class objects (Templates and generics can be defined easily without special syntax).
· Predefined constructs like arrays or for-loops are declared in the language itself.
· Object orientation with interfaces and multiple dispatch.
· Static type checking and no automatic casts.
· Support for bigInteger and bigRational numbers which have unlimited size.
· exception handling
· overloading of procedures/functions/operators/statements
· Various predefined types like resizable arrays, hashes, bitsets, structs, color, time, duration, etc.
· Runs under linux, various UNIX versions and windows.
· The interpreter and the example programs use the GPL license, while the runtime library uses the LGPL license.
What's New in This Release:
· The dom.s7i library was renamed to xmldom.s7i and its functionality was improved.
· A new library named inifile.s7i, which allows reading key value pairs from an INI file, was added.
· A new library named xml_ent.s7i, which supports XML entity handling, was added.
· The functions getLineComment, getLine, getSymbol, skipXmlComment, getXmlTagHeadOrContent, skipXmlTag, getNextXmlAttribute and getNextHtmlAttribute in scanfile.s7i and scanstri.s7i were added or improved.
· The interpreter (hi) and the compiler (comp.sd7) were improved to accept a UTF-8 byte order mark at the beginning of a source or include/library file.
· The functions lowestSetBit(bigInteger) and rename were improved to possibly raise RANGE_ERROR or FILE_ERROR.
· The const qualifier was added in many *.c and *.h files
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of Seed7 05_20090705 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. Seed7 05_20090705 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!