The module is a framework which supports various search APIs (plugins) to scour the net looking for possible plagiarized content. The framework provides support for 2 different types of APIs - Standard APIs (Google and Yahoo plugins are included here) and Custom APIs (such as the 3rd party paid authentication service from iThenitcate.
API accounts with the respective companies are required.
Unpack in your modules folder (usually /sites/all/modules/) and enable under Administer > Site Building > Modules.
Key features "Plagiarism Checker":
· split BODY of node to be checked into configurable number of consecutive word "chunks"
· use API's search engine (Google or Yahoo for example) to search for any URL's which match each chunk
· load the full page content for each matching URL and do complex comparison against the entire body of the node
· come up with a comparison score based on how closely the content matches between the scraped URL's content and the body of the node
· provide a report of all matching URL's whose comparison score exceeds a configurable threshold
· custom API's like iThenticate's (to be added soon) do their own search offsite from the user's Drupal site and return a report in any fashion they prefer (embedded in an iFrame within the Drupal site).
· Drupal 5.x
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of Plagiarism Checker 5.x-1.3 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. Plagiarism Checker 5.x-1.3 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!