PHPOpenChat is a high performance php-based chat server software for a live chat-room or -module on every php-based site.
The first version has been developed for a live-chat-subproject of the main german education portal (DBS) called "SchulWeb".
The PHPOpenChat have had to manage alot of users, around 100-150 concurrent chatters, the most behind firewalls and in front of old computers. Based on this experiences, we developed the version 3 of our free chat-server completely new from scratch.
At this time you can integrate this chat software into postnuke, phpbb, yabbse, etc. as a module.
- multilanguage support - you can have a community with a crossfire of languages, but all members can get her interface in her native tongue.
- unlimited number of channels
- private channels - each chatter gets his own private channel automatically and has the posibility to invite someone.
- moderation - You can turn each channel to a moderated one. In this case,
- each line must be enabled by the moderator to be readable by the normal chatters and by a special guest, if there is one.
- lines from the special guest or the moderator are directly readable.
- password protected channels- you can set a password for each channel.
- maximum number of chatters - you can limit the number of users for each channel to a desired value.
- user groups - the chat comes with four user groups:
- operators of chat. this chatters can kick and ban users.
- VIPs (in moderated channels)
- moderators (in moderated channels)
- chat in a separate window - users can chat with each other within a separate window beneath the standard chat interface.
- chat mail
- new line alerts per sound or message - each chatter can configure the chat so that he gets an sound or message if there is a new line posted to him.
- different themes - each chatter can change the design.
- IRC-style commands
- /locate nickname to find a chatter
- /nickname to speak to a chatter
- /me is replaced by your own nick
- /msg nickname to whisper to a chatter
- /join channel name to change the channel
- /help to get help
- URLs, email addresses, and links are automatically transformed to a link in the text frame
- possibility to ignore chatters
- streaming text - No flickering and no permanently refreshing text.
- switchable smooth autoscrolling
- List of friends
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of PHPOpenChat 3.0.2 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. PHPOpenChat 3.0.2 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!