BitTorrent is file sharing software. You need four things to have BitTorrent work: a BitTorrent client, a BitTorrent tracker, a file to share, and a torrent file (made from the file to share.) The torrent file is placed where others can have access to it (i.e. a website.)
PHPBTTracker is a bittorrent tracker; it is an extension of the original PHPBTTracker authored by DeHackEd.
Features:- Client version filtering - disallow certain clients from connecting
- Semi-automatic consistency checks - through /scrape - if stats incorrect, will repair automatically
- IP Banning - Disallow selective IP addresses from connecting to the tracker
- Auto Banning - can automatically ban clients that do not identify themselves
- Average progress - shows average progress on the torrent
- Torrent uploads - allows uploading of torrents to a directory OR the database (>= v1.7) on the webserver
- Disable scrape - enable/disable scrape in configuration file (as opposed to recreating torrents - useful if you expect a large number of peers for a release, and need to disable all scrape output temporarily)
- Extra scrape output - report speed, average progress and amount downloaded in the /scrape output
- External torrent support - allows adding of external torrents, and includes a script to update statistics
- Sample scripts - includes the following sample scripts: a sample script that parses /scrape output from an external tracker, and 3 different types of statistics scripts (function-callable, a basic script with no css, and a script with css)
- 'Hide' torrents - allows "hiding" of active torrents (the torrent remains active but not displayed on stats pages or in /scrape output)
- Torrent mirror - allows definition of a url to a torrent mirrored on another site
- Remote information links - allows definition of a url to a site with general information about the torrent
- Checksum information - CRC32 information can be displayed on the index page, with URLs to SFV and MD5 files
- Expiry dates - a date can be specified to remove the main link to the URL, and to hide the torrent from that statistics page altogether (note: the torrent still remains active on the tracker)
- Multi-user - Multiple users can be created and permission defined to restrict users to certain operations. There is also a "group mode" meaning that each user can be assigned to a group, and the sample statistic scripts that are included can be set to show only a certain group.
- Helper scripts - Has a script to analyze a tracker's /scrape response
- Peer caching - Saves resource usage by doing calculations for peers when they initially connect and stores the calculations in the database. This allows the scripts to simply read the database and output to peers with little processing involved.
- Compact protocol - A more bandwidth-efficient bittorrent protocol. An option is available to allow only clients that support this protocol to connect, although this usually is not needed.
- High load optimization - A flag that will disable some functionality and optimize scripts for extreme loads. This also will hide the associated columns on the provided sample statistic pages.
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of PHPBTTracker 2.2 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. PHPBTTracker 2.2 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!