PHP News Reader is a web-based News Reader.
It supports the standard NNTP protocol (RFC 977) for reading, posting, deleting, forwarding and replying news articles.
- Read/Post/Reply/Crosspost/Forward/Delete articles to/from News server(s).
- Multiple News server and multiple categories of news groups.
- Support NNTP over SSL (NNTPS) and NNTP authentication.
- Posting and downloading for uuencoded attachment.
- Easy to install, neither database access nor IMAP is required.
- Authentication is easily configured to work with your existing system.
- Multiple language interface and Traditional/Simplified Chinese coding conversion.
PHP News Reader has nothing to do with the user registration. It is designed to work with the EXISTING authentication system.
PHP News Reader supports several flexible authentication modules, which let administrator easy to control how to authenticate users.
There are various built-in authentication modules.
- POP3 - authenticate user using the existing POP3 server.
- Mail - authenticate user using multiple POP3/POP3S servers.
- LDAP - authenticate user using LDAP server.
- FTP - authenticate user with the existing FTP server
- MySQL - authenticate user existing in MySQL database.
- PostgreSQL - authenticate user existing in PostgreSQL database.
- NNTP - authenticate user using NNTP server. (version >= 2.2.1)
- NNTPS - authenticate user using NNTP over SSL server. (version >= 2.4.0)
- POP3S - authenticate user using POP3 over SSL server. (version >= 2.4.1)
- FTPS - authenticate user using FTP over SSL server. (version >= 2.4.1)
- CAS - authenticate user using CAS. (version >= 2.3.0)
- phpBB - authenticate user with the existing phpBB bulletin board system (version >= 2.5.6)
· Web Server with PHP support installed ( PHP 4.1.0 or greater )
· News Server with full RFC 977 Implementation
· News Server with RFC 2980 Extension
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of PHP News Reader 2.6.5 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. PHP News Reader 2.6.5 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!