Metakit is an efficient embedded database library with a small footprint. It fills the gap between flat-file, relational, object-oriented, and tree-structured databases, supporting relational joins, serialization, nested structures, and instant schema evolution. There is a C API, a Python binding called Mk4py, and a Tcl binding called Mk4tcl (with an optional OO binding on top called Oomk). You can manipulate and exchange data between any of these.
- Use your data on any platform - Both the code and datafiles are portable. All byte-ordering managed by the library.
- Complex datastructures in one file - Store multiple nested data structures, to create document-centric applications.
- Restructure datafiles, instantly - You'll have to see this to believe it: restructure files on-the-fly, while open.
- Serialize all data for transport - Complementing commit/rollback of changes, data can also be serialized.
- Recover from system-failures - The use of Stable Storage ensures that files cannot be corrupted by crashes.
- Load on-demand, quick startup - Files are opened without reading data. Memory-mapped files if O/S supports it.
- Behaves like containers - The API mimics container classes. Quickly get sizes and iterate over rows.
- Wide range of operators built-in - Sorting, relational join / group by, set operations, permutations, hashing.
- 1-32 bits per int (or 64), variable-sized data - The largest int defines storage format. String/binary data is stored as var-sized.
- Create fully self-contained applications - Can be linked shared or statically, for hassle-free deployment of components.
- Tiny code (125 Kb as Win32 DLL)
- The library is extremely small, unused functions are stripped off in static links.
- Simple API, just 6 core classes - Only a small interface is exposed. One header file lists all the classes you need.
- Also use from Python and Tcl - These language bindings are coded to take advantage of the respective idioms.
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of Metakit 184.108.40.206 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. Metakit 220.127.116.11 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!