G-Cows is a software project consisting in:
- definition of a scripting language designed for creation of web sites;
- interpreter for the scripting language (Cows);
- a makefile generator (Cows-mkgen).
Cows is the interpreter for the Cows scripting language, used to parse HTML files containing additional scripts. Its output is represented by a verbatim copy of text file with scripts replaced by their outputs. You can run Cows on every text file, but some functions are specific to web pages so - for the sake of simplicity - throughout this site we'll assume we are dealing with HTML files.
On Unix (and Unix-like) systems such as FreeBSD and Linux every tool can cooperate with other utilities on the system. This behavior results in an astonishing power, limited only by user's inventive. G-Cows has been created with this idea in mind, and gives the best results when used in conjunction with the Make utility.
Cows-mkgen is the program used to generate makefiles in order to provide an immediate way to realize this interaction.
- Complete scripting language supporting:
- recursive file inclusion;
- boolean, integer and string variables;
- automatic and explicit type conversion
- conditional expressions;
- while and for loops;
- arrays and foreach loops;
- functions returning file sizes and modify dates;
- functions performing link corrections;
- functions performing string operations (tokenizing, substitutions etc.)
- Strong interaction with your GNU/Linux system
- the Unix-like architecture consists in simple elements arrangeable in endless combinations: G-Cows takes advantage of this philosophy by integrating itself with your GNU/Linux system;
- the Cows interpreter is able to execute commands, scripts and programs written in every language whose interpreter or compiler is installed on your machine;
- Cows-mkgen generates makefiles allowing to handle complex dependencies among site elements.
- Built-in facility for handling multiple versions of a site from the same contents
- create an alternate, fully accessible version of you site for visually impaired users, slow modem connections and so on;
- create a printable version of each page;
- pages can be cross-linked to allow visitors to easily jump from one version to another.
- Built in facility for handling multilingual sites.
- you can gradually translate pages into other languages;
- pages without a translation will be displayed in the default language with, optionally, an additional message for the visitor. This way, you can simply translate a simple message like "Sorry, this page has not been translated yet; reverting to default language (English)" in as many languages you want. Then, you gradually translate pages: users will browse the site and translated pages will be displayed in their language, the others in site's default language.
· Fedora Core 4
· Fedora Core 5
· SUSE Linux 10.0
· Slackware 10.2
· FreeBSD 4.11
· FreeBSD 5.5-BETA4
· FreeBSD 6.0
· FreeBSD 6.1
· OpenBSD 3.8
· NetBSD 3.0
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of G-Cows 1.10 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. G-Cows 1.10 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!