DirectPython is an open source C extension to the Python programming language which provides basic access to DirectX (9.0c) API, including Direct3D, DirectSound, DirectShow and DirectInput.
DirectPython uses DirectX almost directly, usually just interpreting Python objects to a form that DirectX can understand. Naturally Python's philosophy has been kept in mind during the planning: DirectPython is simple to use and install. There is no need to download any external libraries (assuming that Python and DirectX are installed) in order to use DirectPython.
- High-performance 3D and 2D rendering
- Alpha blending, antialiasing and anisotropic filtering
- Bump- and environmental mapping
- High-level language (HLSL) shaders with shader model 3.0 support
- Meshes, both static and animated using the flexible .x-format
- Integrate DirectPython with your favorite windowing toolkit like wxPython... ...or use the skinnable Direct3D GUI library
- Use physics libraries like PyODE for high speed demonstrations or games
- Pass raw matrix- and vertexdata (eg. from NumPy) directly to Direct3D
- Play sounds (with basic 3D support if needed) and videos easily without any third-party dependencies
- Use DirectInput to receive status information from game controllers
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of DirectPython 0.8 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. DirectPython 0.8 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!