CaRP is a script that runs on your website. It converts "RSS newsfeeds" to HTML content and inserts it automatically into your webpages. CaRP periodically checks the RSS feeds for updates, and when it finds new content, it updates your webpage automatically.
RSS feeds are data feeds that usually contain headlines and excerpts from news stories, blog posts, etc., and a link to the full content. (Some RSS feeds actually contain the full content including links to "podcasts", images, etc.) Many feeds are focused on one particular topic, and feeds can be found covering just about any topic imaginable (you'll find a link to one great place to find feeds in the CaRP "README" file).
- Search engine friendly / choose keyword-specific content and get spidered more frequently
- Caching for fastest performance / don't keep your visitors waiting
- Removes potentially dangerous HTML / don't expose your visitors to cross site scripting and other attacks
- All parts of the feed are highly customizable / make sure the feed integrates smoothly into the flow of your website
- Free updates by email / get new features and bug fixes as soon as they're available
- Supports virtually all languages and character sets (with iconv support on server) / especially important for non-English feeds, but also needed for many English-language feeds
- Display the link, title and description for each item in the feed / all the core content
- Display the date and time each item was posted / show your visitors that your content is fresh
- Display the author of each item / nice when the feed has multiple authors
- Display images / really spices up Amazon.com affiliate feeds!
- Podcast audio support / link directly to the audio files
- Complex text-based filtering to display only the items you want (all CaRP versions can do simple filtering)
- Vary the appearance of items based on how old they are, or where in the feed order they appear / emphasize the newest content, etc.
- Display timestamps as "Posted 3 hours ago" or "Posted 2 days ago" rather than as "Posted 30 Jan, 2007 at 9:00 am" / even better at hilighting fresh content
- Store items in a mySQL database for other scripts to use / create an archive of prior content
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of CaRP script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. CaRP torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!