Bdns is a system written in PHP to maintain DNS data. It was written to maintain a large intranet DNS data.
It includes features that needed to maintain a large set of zones with multiple user accounts.
Those features are:
- DNS data is kept in an MySQL database: data is available easily with the benefits of a database engine to manipulate it. Reports, searches, sorts and massive updates are easy;
- User accounts: many users can update the DNS data at the same time. Better: three types of users are available, so you can create user accounts that can do all (administrators), or accounts that can update dns data in the entire database but cannot manage zones or users (operators), or accounts that can manage only one zone or a set of zones that you specify (responsibles). For administrators of large DNS, it is a relief to delegate the managment of sub-zones to responsible users.
- Updates to the DNS are kept in a log in the database which states who, when, and what was changed.
- Dynamic updates: updates to the database via the GUI are replicated instantly and dynamically in the DNS cache via BIND's nsupdate interface. No need to manually reload the DNS server.
- Entire DNS data can be browsed by DNS domain names, DNS zones, or IP networks: it is easier for ordinary users to browse through domain names/host names and IP networks, instead of searching for that "3.45.199.in-addr.arpa" zone... or is it "45.199.in-addr.arpa" ? Arg !
- The system validates data before updating the database and the DNS: this prevents users from creating duplicate entries or orphan records in the DNS. For hard core DNS administrators, it also means less headache, because the correct syntax of, say, less often done tasks such as creating a zone delegation is done right by the scripts, so you don't break your DNS service when modifying it.
- Bdns operates in english or french for now (other languages can be added easily; there is only one central messages file to translate). An administrator can choose the default language of the system, and each user can choose his preferred language in his preferences page.
· BIND version 8.x, Bind 9.x or later.
· Apache 2.x, PHP 4.x, MySQL 4.x, sudo 1.x.
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of Bdns 2.0.1 script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. Bdns 2.0.1 torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!