404 Alerter is a free Perl script for Unix/Linux type servers running apache which will notify you each time a User requests a file that doesn't exist on your server. 404 Alerter will find your dead links and report them to you.
Helps you keep a well maintained website, free of visit ending broken links and unexpected errors becuase of missing files.
You can switch off email notifications and just check in on it daily or weekly depending on the frequency of 404s encountered. A great tool if you've just rebuilt your website or taken over from another webmaster.
404 Alerter's Key Features
- Redirects your Users to a meaningful regular HTML page each time a missing file is requested so you can point them in the right direction, rather than have them thinking your entire website is down if the default 404 Error page is displayed.
- Optionally notifies you via email of not only the missing page, but where possible where the bronen link is located so you can take corrective measures.
- Makes you aware of broken links on your site or that point to your site so you can maintain the integrity of your website.
- Doubles as tool for viewing who's linking to your site and who's hi-jacking your website content, as well how often spiders and robots pay your site a visit.
- Secured Administration Log in section for viewing and managing 404s.
- Compatible with, Linux, Mac and Unix servers running Apache
Top 4 Download periodically updates information of 404 Alerter script from the developer, but some information may be slightly out-of-date.
Our script download links are directly from our mirrors or publisher's website. 404 Alerter torrent files or shared files from free file sharing and free upload services, including Rapidshare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, MailBigFile, DropSend, HellShare, HotFile, FileServe, MediaMax, zUpload, MyOtherDrive, SendSpace, DepositFiles, Letitbit, LeapFile, DivShare or MediaFire, are not allowed!